Life with MS, seeking a cure

Friday, October 13, 2006

Hello,

I just talked to David, nothing really new in Madrid with other researchers and scientists. Everyone was pitching his own new drug, a lot of talk of Tysabri. He said it takes 40-50 million to get things through the FDA but David is working with some company that is interested in his drug, Then maybe I could have it through human trials by the end of the year. Every thing is just an inch away but I'm determined to go that extra inch to get my health back. Whatever it takes.

Chuck (husband) took me down to get flushed at the IV center. The nurses were so happy to see me, I miss them too. No paper work just did a free be. Unusual in this day and age. Dr M tried to get me on a research grant but I didn't qualify. Having money and a house did me in, go figure. January will be here in no time. I will go every 3 wks to get flushed so my port doesn't clot. Not sure what my new regimen will be. David and Dr M are having dinner tonight and will discuss it.


Can't wait to read Lauren's blog about her infusion today.
Hugs,
Karyl



5 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Midburto said...

Glad I found your blog! Michael

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Midburto said...

How were you first diagnosed?

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Karyl said...

I was first dx 11 years ago. I went to my PCP because after I walked half a mile my left foot would drag. I dx myself before doctors could. My PCP recommended PT at which point I yelled, send me to a neurologist or a shrink but PT aint gonna fix it. I went to a neuro and within 4 wks had the dx. Been a fighten MSer ever since.
Karyl

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Nice when people treat you with respect instead of a burden.

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael
Where did your blog go?
karyl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home