Life with MS, seeking a cure

Friday, October 06, 2006

It's Friday and I've been a busy girl.

Life is almost back to normal. I now have Medicare as of October 1 and will start BC/BS of Colorado January 1, which at that point I'll go back to my Immunologist. He's checking to see if he can get me in on one of his research grants, if he can I'll go sooner. I am anxious to talk to David hope he calls soon. Meanwhile, I've read about all these new oral drugs coming out for MS. Somethings gotta help soon.

I will fill you in on who David (Dr/Researcher/scientist)is and my Immunoogist in another post, I'm kinda tired tonight. They both attended ECTRIMS in Madrid, Spain last week (ECTRIMS 2006 - 22nd Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis) and will have much news to tell me when we speak.

Here's to the cure,,,,,,,,,,cheers.
Hugs to you all
Karyl

4 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

You will be just fine Karyl...I was the guinea pig for Kaiser/Tysabri's hurdles...piece of cake for me...NOT (lol)...remember: "That which does not KILL us - makes us STRONGER and more PISSED OFF and DETERMINED to SUCCEED!" ;) (((hugs))) Lauren

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

PS: go to our website www.mspatientforchoice.org for all the ECTRIMS data and more! G'nite, Lauren :)

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

A grant eh? That would be supurb!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

<Grumpy old man voice>

Grants? Grants!?

Bah.

When I was your age we didn't have grants.

We had to scrimp and scrape and sell all our internal organsm to raise the money we needed. :-)

----

ByTheWay. The URL is actually:

http://www.mspatientsforchoice.org/

----

My choice of poison is Rebif.

Speaking of choice, you might want to contact your soit disant representative.

Check out my podcast for the latest outrage from Medicare. Its at:

http://www.MSBPodcast.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home